Friday 6 June 2008

[prompt # 9 ~ Secrets]

Secrets ~ dont worry, i'm not asking for deep, dark and personals here! This is purely for your own scrapbooks or journals! I got to thinking about what kind of things I used to think couldn't be shared, things that would reveal too much of me or something I was trusted with knowing. I got to thinking of when I was a kid and secrets were the coolest thing in the world (next to imaginary friends, ice cream and hiding places!), I almost forgot some of the things that were part of who I was so i've chosen to do a layout on my childhood secrets that I can remember.
As I still dont have a way of getting my photos onto this computer I cant show the layout I have done yet but I will share what my journalling was about:

I put together a double 12x12 layout with18 small envelopes and a secret in each one ranging from childhood stuff to more recent. I have shared some of the funny childhood ones, they write something like this:

1. I had the BIGGEST crush on my English teacher, Mr Taylor. He wore fashionable brown corduroy jeans (remember those?!!) and matching sweater and always a white shirt underneath! He was always smiling and always spoke politely to us, even the naughty kids. He would draw little faces in my book and make me giggle. I used to whispter to my friend, Susan about him and we would be huddled up in the corridor and look out for him. I was 8 years old and thought he was as important as the sunshine!

2. For a birthday my dad bought me a radio/cassette player that i'd been going mad for, I kicked in to record everyone and everything for some time afterwards...I even recorded my neighbour arguing with someone...when I listened back to it I realised it was not a good thing to have done and was so scared i'd be found out I hid the tape!! Why didn't I erase it? Well at 8 years old the imagination is erm...strange!! :)

3. On school photo day my mum sent me to school all prettied up wearing a handmade top and neatly brushed hair. I HATED the top and had secretly put another top on underneath it and took the top one off when I got to school. It didn't occur to me that she'd find out when she saw the proofs!!! Ok I was again, 8 years old...what an eventful time eh?!! Lol

4. Getting in late from school one day I knew I was 'in for it' (I mean 2 hours late and there were no mobile phones in those days) so to ease the pain I told my mum I was helping a teacher. Mum let me ramble on till I had exhausted the most colourful explanation of all time and grounded me for 2 days. I'm not sure if she knows I was at my friends house, even to this day! Perhaps I ought to tell her? Lol

5. I remember hiding someone's bike while he went in to get told of for something. The theory was it would stop his dad taking his bike off him for a punishment! He got grounded for longer AND his bike taken off him cos he went and said he lost it! Around this time I realised that secrets were hard...and often required telling a lie!!

6. I had a friend, we were about 14 and I knew she was into some serious bad stuff out of school, she was such a good person that I didn't quite believe it when she offered some stuff to me. I was far too much of a wuss to do anything like that but I kept her secret for the longest time. Looking back now I wish I hadn't, she died at the young age of 22 because of it. Totally tragic.

7. Going back to when I was a kid, we used to have one of those fold up trailers. My dad loved it and we were always off somewhere most weekends. One time I was so upset that we couldn't take our dog away with us that I hid him in it. By the time we got to wherever it was we were going the poor dog was almost dead! Boy was I in trouble!!

8. Not all my 'secrets' were troublesome, to this day I remember a crush I had, Darren, asking me if he could kiss me. I almost baled at this point, I was not only painfully shy but I just didn't kiss boys!! I let him in the end and I hated it, my crush was as good as over at that point. I'm just glad I was 7 years old and able to rewrite the memory...I could have been scarred for life!!! :)

9. My favourite secret of all time was Brian. Brian lived in our kitchen, between the washing machine and the sink unit. I would rush home from school every day and feed him, talk to him and hurry him along to a place I could see him at. Brian was my snail and I loved him. So I will never forgive my mother for squashing him flat!!! I was 11/12 and so mortified I cried for days!!

Updated: here is my offerings, I changed it from the original 18 mini envelopes to just 6, I looked like I have more secrets than boots! :)



So, what's your secret? Have you shared them, would you share them, do they need confession or are they just too funny to NOT stay a secret any longer?


My name tag

No comments: