Saturday 7 June 2008

[prompt # 10 ~ Advance the Application]

Todays prompt is part of the phrase from a unit i'm working on in my course, the full statement is:

''The hardest part for an individual dealing with depression is not the accepting of moving forward its having the inner mental and emotional strength to 'advance the application' to the next step individual to them''

When I gave this statement thought (I had to write a 2000 word essay based on that one statement!) I realised it is not only people suffering from depression or any other condition but to the rest of us who are just cruising through life. I know I personally am becoming very interested in a couple of other crafts right now and I find I am slow to 'advance' (start, do) the 'application' (techniques) for fear of getting it wrong or not being good enough. So today I have decided to challenge myself to 'advance' and actually give it all a go.

So, while i'm doing that i'd like you to think about what application you can advance in your life, not necessarily a craft but it could be anything, from a new friendship to taking a course you like the idea of, from starting that workout to applying for that job you saw advertised. It can even be something you have already done. I know when I started scrapbooking back in 2001 I was petrified I was going to get laughed at for my sorry attempts...but doing it in private for a while give me the opportunity to 'advance the application' and build on not only my style but my self confidence too. Now, I dont claim to be a professional but I like my style when I really put the effort into it! Of course I have room for improvement so I will continually 'advance the application'. See where i'm going here? Its all about having a go at something, pushing forward, not giving up, live the moment and if the worst happens and it goes wrong...either shelf it for a while or try again!

Today, i'm going to try my hand at making a small felt bag for Charley's favourite crayons, a basic project but it's a start! :)

And here is the finished project! I have to say, as basic as it is I kinda like it! I'm now going to have a go at doing a hand puppet...aiming high here, I'd like to do a few for Charley then sweet talk Jd into making the theatre...he's the wood master here! :)

Good luck

My name tag

No comments: